Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Monday, December 01, 2008

Around 40...

Around 40 was one of the new phrases that gained widespread popularity following the release of a drama with a lady who is around 40 as the protagonist. While I am still in my 20s, a different kind of around 40 happened to me recently.

I went 40 hours without sleep. First, I went to my junior's photography exhibition and then visited my old dormitory in which my junior was now staying in. He baked cheesecake and cooked for me and a few others. Needless to say, it was fun, and we ended up chatting till 4 in the morning. As I had something on later in the day, I took my leave first. However, the first bus from the dormitory to the station only came around 6am, while the first train from the station departed around 4:40am. Therefore, I woke around 40 minutes to the station. Boarding the first train with time to spare, I reached home, showered, freshened up and left my place again, this time heading for Mt. Takao. I was going there to see the autumn leaves. As it was a fine day, many people probably had the same thoughts as me, and the train was unbelieveably crowded. It was such a fine day that I could see the snow-capped peak of Mt. Fuji from the train.


Upon reaching Mt. Takao, an awesome sight greeted me. It was so crowded that maybe the number of people outnumbered the number of red leaves. Still, the red leaves were very, very pretty. Here is a sample of how they looked.

This was my 4th time climbing Mt. Takao, and I realized that all 4 times, I visited in autumn.

Despite coming from a tropical country where it is almost always summer, my favorite season is autumn. lol

This is one of my favorite B'z songs. The title means "Someday, (let's meet) here again", and it started playing in my head when I reached the summit of Mt. Takao. Why? Maybe it means that I'll climb Mt. Takao again (in autumn?)

『いつかまたここで』

作詩:稲葉浩志 作曲:松本孝弘

知らず知らず 遠くまで
来てしまったよ 旅立った日から
めぐり逢えた 数知れぬ人々の顔
消えない景色

何ひとつ欠けても 駄目なんだよ

今きみと ともにいる この場所が好き
生きてれば 会えるだろう いつかまたここで
いつかまたここで

今日一日を精いっぱい やり遂げるなら
悔いはないだろう
今日の自分を 思い出す時
きれいな涙 流せるように

うまくいかなくても やめない

今きみと ともにいる この場所が好き
思いきり 抱きあいたい いつかまたここで

太陽の下でも 凍える雨でも 強くかたくなった絆
愛すべきは仲間 たとえ去っていっても(忘れない)

情熱を なくさずに 歩き続けて
傷ついて つかれ果て 愛を知らされて(たどり着いた)
今きみと ともにいる この場所が好き
生きてれば 会えるだろう いつかまたここで
いつかまたここで

2 comments:

korihikage said...

autumn is my favourite season too

ephemeraleternity said...

great minds think alike. lol