Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Euro 2008...

Why am I not surprised? Germany won, 3-2 at the expense of a Portugal side that forgot to bring their footballing flair to the game, while Turkey won on penalties against a Croatia side which could not convert the chances that they created. And so, 2 of the group leaders have been eliminated. A case of 2 down, 2 to go?! I hope not, and probably the purists and neutrals are on my side too. After all, it would not be interesting if Holland and Spain, two of the most entertaining sides in the tournament so far, crash out together. As I write, the Oranje are probably warming up for their game against the Russians. Let us pray that they will not disappoint us, and themselves, and their coach for that matter.

As for Espana, I guess it is time to write a new page in their history, even if the game against Italy is on the 22nd of June. I could write some more, but I will keep it short - I want to see Holland versus Spain, so win against Italy. Por favor.

No comments: