Poetry : I have not been writing poems recently - no inspiration, or simply no interest? No clear-cut answers. On a slightly different note, I am still trying to recall the contents/exact wording of my first poem, "Caged Bird". Maybe I can find my Sec 1 journal when I go back home. Somehow I feel that despite it being written over 10 years ago, this poem of mine is still relevant today.
Destiny : A friend asked me if I believe in Fate, which is another word for Destiny. We had an interesting conversation regarding this topic, although there was again no definite conclusion. An intriguing question was that if everything is fated, then do our decisions matter?
Mystery : The meaning of a name can be quite a mystery. If someone told you her name was Reina, you would probably nod and acknowledge it without a second thought, especially if you were Japanese. However, Reina in Spanish means Queen, so a Spanish would probably comment on that fact.
This time, I have found a quote for each of the themes in the title. Maybe what my namesake said is right; words can be insufficient at times.
『Poetry is an orphan of silence. The words never quite equal the experience behind them.』
~Charles Simic~
『Actions are the seed of fate; deeds grow into destiny.』
~Harry S Truman~
『The final mystery is oneself.』
~Oscar Wilde~
Utada Hikaru - Wait and See
Friday, July 11, 2008
Poetry ・ Destiny ・ Mystery
Posted by
ephemeraleternity
@
11:07:00 AM
Labels: Languages, Yours Truly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment