Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Friday, September 19, 2008

As busy as a bee

I suppose that describes my life recently. But I feel that despite the tiring schedule at times, I am enjoying every moment, be it work or play. Speaking of work, I presented at my first conference as a Master student and my second conference overall (the first was in my undegraduate year) this week, and I realize that I have to drastically improve my presentation skills if I am to be able to convince people that my presentation is interesting and worth listening to.

This conference sobered me up, and revealed to me one of the areas for improvement. On a brighter note, I am looking forward to next week, although my preparations are not quite done yet. I will be heading to Belgium, the land of waffles, chocolate, and Tintin for my second conference as a Master student. My first international conference, so I am filled with a mixture of anticipation and nervousness. In any case, it will be good to visit Europe(again), even if I am not able to travel to Spain or Scandinavia this time.

No comments: