I am doing the 21st century version anyway. lol
Putting fingers to keyboard,
My hands start to dance,
To the rhythm of the tunes
Flowing in that half-asleep brain of mine
Once I start I cannot stop,
Like a sleepwalker in a trance,
Reminds me of the sand dunes,
Incessantly changing with time
He thought he could write
For ever and ever
All the way till Eternity
Yet for quite a while
The ink did run dry
The poet did ran out
Into the pouring rain
While waiting for the train
He heard a shout
"Why? Tell me why!"
That voice made him smile
A voice reminding him of Destiny
"I will never forget you. Never!"
Her words on that winter night
And now a miracle appears
They finally meet again
They finally meet again
In the most unlikely of places,
that city by the sea
"Do you remember"
The refrain came unbidden
He knew the lyrics by heart
For sometime they were kept apart
Contact was forbidden
From December till November
Till the war ceased to be
That insane battle between races
That brought nothing but pain
And fragments of fickle fear
"It's been a while
since I saw your smile"
His tender words enveloped her
In his arms she felt safe
On her cheeks there was a glitter
A teardrop of requited faith
"It's been a while
since I saw your smile"
And fragments of fickle fear
"It's been a while
since I saw your smile"
His tender words enveloped her
In his arms she felt safe
On her cheeks there was a glitter
A teardrop of requited faith
"It's been a while
since I saw your smile"
No comments:
Post a Comment