Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Autumn...

The wind is starting to feel cold at night, and the stars are playing hide and seek. Some nights the stars were so numerous it was as though the night sky above was a shimmering ebon shawl; at times we found it hard to see beyond the clouds that shrouded the twinkling stars.

My favorite season used to be Summer; what do you expect, when you grew up on a tropical island that was evergreen, and hot and humid throughout the year. After coming to Japan, and experiencing for the first time in my life the 4 seasons, , I have come to like Autumn. Spring is not bad too, and Winter has its own special beauty while Summer is full of passion and energy. Still, somehow I like Autumn, maybe because it is the season of harvest, the season of sports, the season of love, the list goes on...

Another reason is that my birthday falls in Autumn, in October to be precise. So I am an Autumn baby. Autumn has its distinctive allure; she is melancholy yet pretty, and her smile has a subtle scent of sorrow. You can call her crimson, orange and yellow hues a display of her flamboyance, yet maybe it is also a sign of her shyness. Maybe she is blushing.

This year, Autumn has come again, and somehow she seems more beautiful this year. Maybe because I am feeling happier this year?

Hmm, anyway I only know that I will be going to Kyoto soon, to catch Autumn in all her glory. It will be a wonderful trip I know. Let's enjoy each and every moment, and maybe before you know it, we will have gone the distance.

No comments: