Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Saturday, December 22, 2007

DreameR

What does the dr in my email address stand for? The answer is in the title of this post.

Finally, the offical academic year for 2007 has ended, and I am in holiday mood, though not fully in holiday mode yet.

Something that has been long-due; no, not my reports, for I am someone who finishes my reports on time. :p

What I am referring to is my take on the new B'z album, "Action".
In 2 words, it ROCKS!!!

But that won't really do justice to the diverse tracks in this superb album. I think it is one of the best albums released so far.

純情ACTION
黒い青春
SUPER LOVE SONG
満月よ照らせ
パーフェクトライフ
一心不乱
FRICTION -LAP 2-
ONE ON ONE
僕には君がいる
なんという幸せ
わるいゆめ
HOMETOWN BOYS' MARCH
光芒
トラベリンメンのテーマ
オレとオマエの新しい季節
永遠の翼
BUDDY

17 songs, and my faves are basically all of them.haha Of course, the songs just keep growing on you, and being a fan of B'z since before I came Japan, I must say that I am very very very happy with this album.
They say one should not be greedy, but if B'z can deliver both quality and quantity, then us fans are lucky, and there is nothing wrong with that, right?

Anyway, here are some of the lyrics that I like. I may do translations for the lyrics sometime in the near future. Quite a few songs that I really feel like translating and sharing with friends. Definitely 『BUDDY』 is one of them.

さびしげな手ならば にぎしめよう
無視しない ズルしない 勇気はどこに?
...
僕は今こそ 変わらなくちゃいけない
格好つけてないで 必死な姿を晒すよ
光り輝く汗の玉が 感動を呼びさます
見せよう 純情ACTION
~from 『純情ACTION』

愛なら衝突することはないし
増えも減りもしない
静かにそこにあって 
動かない人は
ただそれを見つければいい
~from 『SUPER LOVE SONG』

完璧に見える人も みな見えないところで
青筋たてて 苦しんでる
何かに向かい 手をのばし もがいている
その姿それこそが パーフェクトなライフ
~from 『パーフェクトなライフ』

形あるものはすべて 変わりゆく
でもそのはかなさが 一度きりの生を きわただせる
オレとオマエの新しい季節 はじまろうとしている
マンネリなんて甘えすぎのせい もっと敏感に生きよう
昨日より今日 明日より今日 ...
~from 『オレとオマエの新しい季節』

BUDDY わかるだろ 僕はきっと 立ちあがる
あの志は 今でも 燃えている
ここから 走り出しゃいいよ
...
どこかに自分の痛みを 少しだけ分かる 他人(ヤツ)がいる 歓び 思い出せ
...

BUDDY 叫んでよ この目が さめるように
ほら 聞こえてくる 風が吹いてるように
BUDDY 寂しさを 知ることから 始まった
今 偉大な力 体中みなぎる
僕らは 終わりじゃないゼ
~from 『BUDDY』

No comments: