"I am back."
"You are back."
Back from Taiwan.
Back to Tokyo.
Back to the past.
Back from the past.
Back from the future.
Back to the future.
Back in the present.
Just 3 words each, yet they mean so much.
The first 2 phrases are as though lines from a Jap drama
『ただいま』、『お帰り』 , while the others are all about yours truly.
Taiwan is a place I like a lot, and being able to go back there this time with friends that I made in Japan means a lot to me. The memories that we created together will remain etched in my heart forever.
Tokyo is a place which holds a special place in my heart, because I cannot imagine any other place(excluding Singapore of course) I would rather be in at this moment.
The past is simply that - past, yet sometimes there are things that we need to resolve by going back there. In a way, this trip to Taiwan was like a time machine in a sense, because it enabled me to go back to the past, albeit for a short while. She was not there with me this time, but talking with my friends who were there with us the last time made me realize that sometimes we reminisce about the past more fondly than it really was. I guess my sentimental streak can be a double-edged sword.
Going back to the past and coming back from it has given me much invaluable insights. It's part of lifelong learning, I guess. 2,3 years have passed, and it is time to move on. Finally, the hands of that frozen crimson clock has started moving.
La khon la luz.
The future is like a misty maze, yet sometimes we can catch glimpses of where our paths will lead us. Maybe I was just dreaming, but I think I met someone from the future. That person did not look like an alien or a weirdo; that person looked just like you and me, albeit more mature(does not translate to old).
Of course, the real path to the future begins from here, and if I am to go back to the future, the first step has to be taken right now, in the present.
It's taken quite a while, but I am back, for real this time. In the here and now, where the things that really matter are.
Speaking of the here and now, I really need to tidy up my room, which is full of presents and all that stuff that you get just after coming back from a trip.
Utada Hikaru - Wait and See
Saturday, January 05, 2008
Back...
Posted by
ephemeraleternity
@
1:05:00 PM
Labels: Japan, Languages, Travel, Yours Truly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment