I did some exploring after I came back to Tokyo, and I found...
Okinawa?
Korea?
I wish. haha
Actually, my friend and I took a stroll from Ueno to Akihabara, or Akiba as the locals affectionately call it. Surprisingly, it was not as far as we thought it would be. We enjoyed the journey as well as the destination, and I managed to take several photos along the way. My friend complimented me that my photo-taking skills seemed to have improved. He should know, since he was the one who gave me some tips the last time we met last year.
It has been quite a while since I went to Akihabara, and I was surprised by the changes, although I must admit, the changes were rather pleasant. It is now a hippier place, and there are more places to eat and shop now. Eat and shop, these words remind me of Taiwan, where we seemed to do nothing but that. I suppose it is natural to eat, drink and be merry when one is on holiday. Too bad the winter vacation went by so fast, but at least my preparations for my RINKO are more or less ready. Just hope that I don't get stage fright. (^^;)
One thing I liked was the way they closed the main road to traffic, such that it was akin to Ginza, where you could walk on the road as though you owned it.
Reminds me of that time when I visited my friend at his dorm in NUS, and we did push-ups on the road leading to campus at midnight, just for fun. The silly things we do. haha
Back to Akiba; the lights there were pretty too. I will be going back there soon, to buy something for my computer, so maybe I can explore the areas that I did not have time to see this time. Can you see that blimp?
Up we go, for a better view of the blimp
Utada Hikaru - Wait and See
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Last weekend...
Posted by
ephemeraleternity
@
8:08:00 PM
Labels: Japan, Photos, Travel, Yours Truly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment