Roger Federer lost in the world of tennis, while Asashoryu lost in the world of sumo. I was not expecting the former, but I was hoping for the latter, so while I was a bit disappointed that Federer did not manage to win yet again, I was thrilled to see Asashoryu being tumbled out.
Watching sumo seemed more fun when we were all cheering for different yokozuna, in this case Asashoryu and Hakuho. I was rooting for Hakuho while my friends were sort of cheering on Asashoryu. When I saw Hakuho's eyes yesterday, somehow I felt that he could win, because I could see what had been lacking all along - that fiery hunger, that desire to win.
Sometimes, new blood is what is needed. Hakuho is young, and his victory yesterday could be the start of a new era in sumo, one in which the 2 yokozuna vie with each other for supremacy. That is what fans want to see, no?
Same for tennis, with the new kids on the block, maybe we can see some more sparks other than those provided by Federer and Roger. haha
The new kids on the block are the underdogs, and the way they beat the odds is inspiring, if you know what I mean. In a way, it is like scaling Mt. Everest; the air is freezing, the going is tough, the way ahead is long, the future misty, foggy even, and one wrong step and it's halfway to heaven, or hell, depending on one's perspective.
In any case, look up, because it can be scary to look down from so high up, especially if one has a fear of heights.
Utada Hikaru - Wait and See
Monday, January 28, 2008
Dethroned...
Posted by
ephemeraleternity
@
11:22:00 PM
Labels: Sports, Yours Truly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment