Man U won and is through to the next round, so why am I not feeling on top of the world? Because I may be catching a cold? It's been a while since I woke up feeling so feverish and tired. Still, I have faith in my body's immune system. After all, that's what kept me alive for 25 years. That, and the support given to me by family and friends. Thank you everyone. :)
HKK, I seriously hope the cold did not get to me last night. This weekend I met up with many people, both old friends and new acquaintances. While there were some awkward circumstances, especially on Saturday night, on the whole I guess I am glad I went there, because one of the friends that I lost touch with was there as well, so we had fun catching up. He was one of the most important people who helped me 2 years ago, so I was really happy to see him, and we had a god laugh when we realized that what had happened was a simple miscommunication.
Still, I realise that some things or rather, most things happen because of the choices we make. We choose to walk, we choose to run, we choose to turn left, we choose to turn right, we choose to stay, we choose to leave, each and every one of these decisions that we make daily, they all add up. Amidst these choices, we encounter the people that will become our acquaintances, our friends, our soulmates, the people who add color to the canvas that is called our life.
Digressing here but why is it so easy to talk with friends, but so hard to talk with so-called friends? What creates the awkwardness? That invisible wall that is so tangible, that prevents communication, that blocks messages like a shield deflects arrows. Other than that, there is that veil called misunderstanding: some people perceive things using that veil, and despite one's best intentions, every word, every action is perceived negatively.
It was cold last night, that's why someone commented on someone's dressing. Maybe the words did not sound flattering, but if you read between the lines, I am sure you could hear the concern that was there. Of course, it takes two hands to clap; the speaker can say anything and everything, but if the listener chooses not to listen, then nothing will be heard.
Simple truth, sad but true.
Back to the topic of Man U's victory : we did what needed to be done to progress, or rather, Ronaldo did most of it. He scored twice, taking his tally for the season to 25 in 23 starts. Incredible, right?
Hopefully, Man U can get the treble this year. It seems that I wish for the same thing every year, but alas every year we are so close yet so far. Good luck to us for this year!!! Go Red Devils go!!!
Utada Hikaru - Wait and See
Monday, January 28, 2008
We won & we are through
Posted by
ephemeraleternity
@
11:11:00 AM
Labels: Photos, Sports, Yours Truly
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment