Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Friday, February 08, 2008

CNY & CKY

Happy CNY , which stands for Happy Chinese New Year!!!
This is the 6th year in a row that I am spending CNY away from home. This year though, I managed to have 2 psuedo reunion dinners with Singaporeans. The first one was in Todai, and the second one was in Shibuya. Both were fun, and I guess it feels great to be able to speak a mixture of Chinese, English, and even Singlish with some Japlish thrown in for good measure. lol

The second part of my title is CKY, which is Japanese for Chou Kuki Yomenai (超空気読めない), and if you call someone CKY, it means that he or she is totally oblivious to his or her surroundings, and cannot read the expressions of those around him/her. In other words, he/she is tactless and cannot discern the signs dished out by those around him/her.

While most of the people around me are not CKY, I do know of one or two who are really CKY. They are thick-skinned enough to invite themselves to events organised by other people even though the organiser did not invite them, or they will ask the organiser "Why am I not invited?", as though it was his/her birthright. If we did not invite you, obviously it is because you have our reasons, and you should be smart enough to figure it out. Must we spell everything out in black and white for you?

Although sometimes it is good to get things off your chest, I should not talk about this anymore because it would spoil my mood on such a joyous occasion, it being CNY, and I am actually very happy because the pineapple tarts which my mum sent me will be arriving soon. :)

Some people prefer bak kwa(肉干), but yours truly here prefers pineapple tarts. Hope I can control myself so that I don't finish them all at one shot. (>_<) On such a happy note, I get ready to go to sleep, and hopefully I will dream of pineapple tarts. hahaha

No comments: