Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Monday, February 11, 2008

Sleepless in Sydney

No, I have not been to Sydney before, but if I were there now, I guess I would be the same as I am here now in Tokyo, sleepless in the city of Eternal Lights.

I am not sure if I am tired, but I know that I am not sleepy. Ueno Zoo might soon get an addition to its panda collection, but I don't care. All I know is that someone like me is a classic case of Contradiction Conflux. There are some things that I know I should be doing, but I am not doing them. There are some things that I want to do, but I am not doing them yet.

Is the first step so hard? Sometimes, or rather, most of the time, it is all about me, isn't it? Am I willing to take the first step? The door is right in front of me. Dare I open it? Dare I enter the world that lies beyond? What do you know, maybe I have already opened the door, maybe I am already in that world, just that I am still unaware of it myself.

How about you? Are you willing to take the first step?

No comments: