That is the title of one of my poems, and it seems to describe me and many people I know aptly. Being human, we all tend to contradict ourselves. We say one thing and mean the reverse, we do one thing and mean the opposite.
Sometimes, I think I am like a ship, sailing the seven seas, in search of treasure, which may lie at the bottom of the sea. Or maybe I am searching for my Ariel, or for that fabled Atlantis. What is it that makes us keep seeking, that compels us to carry on our search for something whose identity sometimes eludes even ourselves? Nobody knows, but what I do know is, even a freedom-loving fool like me sometimes yearns for a harbor that I can call at when I am enervated. A place where I can recharge my drained batteries, a place that calls me home.
A place where the stars are tinkling in the night breeze, a place where the angels are holding hands and dancing, a place where people can see me with their hearts instead of with their tinted glasses.
Sometimes, I think I am like a ship, sailing the seven seas, in search of treasure, which may lie at the bottom of the sea. Or maybe I am searching for my Ariel, or for that fabled Atlantis. What is it that makes us keep seeking, that compels us to carry on our search for something whose identity sometimes eludes even ourselves? Nobody knows, but what I do know is, even a freedom-loving fool like me sometimes yearns for a harbor that I can call at when I am enervated. A place where I can recharge my drained batteries, a place that calls me home.
A place where the stars are tinkling in the night breeze, a place where the angels are holding hands and dancing, a place where people can see me with their hearts instead of with their tinted glasses.
No comments:
Post a Comment