Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Monday, February 18, 2008

Jay Chou Concert in Tokyo Part 2

Jay Chou’s concert was awesome. The special guests were Nanquan Mama who sang 笑着流泪, 湘南海鸥and What can I do. The segments in which various instruments were used were entertaining. These included the erhu, the samisens, the drums, the piano, and the violins. I especially liked the piano segment, which pitted Jay against one of the members of Nanquan Mama, reminiscent of the scene in Secret, and the violins instrumental version of蒲公英的約定. While some of the songs were new to me, everything was awesome, and I enjoyed every moment of the concert. The concert was nearly 3hours long, and my friends and I did not really notice that time had elapsed, so engrossed were we in enjoying the concert.

I was impressed with his piano, the way he played and sang Mika Nakashima’s 雪の華, and the 桃太郎song. haha In addition, his Japanese was not bad, especially when he managed to mimic Kojima Yoshio’s そんなの関係ない! Boy, were we tickled pink!!! One disappointing thing was the translator. She was not up to the task. While my friends and I do not consider ourselves language experts, we agreed that we could have done better with the translation.

同時通訳はやっぱりレベル高いね。でも面白そうだね。

Jay sang the following songs, not necessarily in the order in which the concert proceeded. I cannot really remember. lol
黃金甲

无双
最後的戰役
不能説的秘密
退後

麦芽糖
蒲公英的約定 (Instrumental)
牛仔很忙
聽媽媽的話
黑色幽默
最長的電影
雪の華
桃太郎
安靜
千里之外

青花瓷
本草綱目
夜的第七章
夜曲
迷迭香

忍者

飄移
開不了口
七里香

彩虹
陽光宅男

周大侠
霍元甲

雙截棍

No comments: