Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Saturday, October 06, 2007

La Poesia - Seraph by the Sea

Wrote this in autumn last year. Hard to believe it's almost a year since then. Not sure why I love the sea, but I just do. Maybe it's something to do with the sense of freedom that the sea seems to bring, or the many treasures which it harbors.

Seraph by the Sea

A solitary figure by the silent sea
Gentle waves lapping
Gazing at that horizon
Seeking that invisible Eternity
Salty breeze blowing
The twisted path to Heaven
That starry night of tranquil thunder
Etched in my crystal heart forever

The Archer with his final arrow
Aiming to save that distressed damsel's soul
Little angel on the mountaintop
Glistening on your frostbitten face
A single drop of saline ice
I know how you wish for Time to stop
The day you entered that timeless maze
Victim of your virtuous vice

Come to me, come seek solace
In my endless depths
Maybe you will discover
Something to thaw your tears
A heart-shaped sliver
To brush away your fears

No comments: