Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Growing up...

A serious conversation last night made me think quite a bit. Most of my peers are already working, or in Japanese, shakaijin. Me, I am still a poor student in the city of eternal light, capital of the land of the rising sun, although nowadays it gets dark right after 5pm. haha

Like a bud that grows into a flower, human beings evolve too. We grow in the 9 months or so that we are in our mums' wombs, and then we see the light when we are welcomed into this world, albeit without much understanding.

We learn that as kids, our every expression is a source of joy and inspiration for our parents, and crying (real or jus for fun) will usually cause parents, and the parents of these parents to jostle to pacify us, with sweets, toys and all that stuff.

We learn as we grow older how to rebel, throwing tantrums and acting deaf. We learn, either from TV or from our f(r)iends that disobedience is the norm for adolescence, and our parents tend to think its a phase, just a phase.

The teenage years are full of many things; the 1st Golden Age I like to call it, where we meet a lot of our friends for life, esp in secondary school and JC. Personally, I am very blessed and lucky that my friends from my sec sch, Gong Jiao, and my JC, NJ, have stood the test of time. My main clique has always been together through thick and thin, and even though I have not been around so much since I came here (Missed so many gatherings >_<), they always welcome me like the brothers that we are. Brotherhood we call it, and though its not the same as your own flesh n blood bro, its very close.

Our Brotherhood, as we call it, has seen many changes. We used to play soccer or basketball for fun, and play CS and all that stuff. Even now we still do the bai nian stuff, and gatherings and stuff are a must. Now that we have crossed the 20 mark, and all of us are 25 this year (I still got 2weeks, yeah!), we are supposedly grown-ups. lol Still, whenever we talk online or when we meet up back home, its like an indescribable cosy feeling of being in a bubble thats called home.

Growing up is part and parcel of Life; how we do it is up to us. We can go with the flow, or we can try to grow up as fast as we can. Me, I used to wanna stay in Neverland .lol Then I realized its more natural to grow up, though I still have my inner child in me. A cherubic child, haha

Growing up...
Sometimes there will be pain, sometimes tears. Mostly though, its just silly laughter and stupid jokes, and all of us will be smiling when we gaze back at the neoprints/purikura or photos decades on.

And another 25 times 2 = 50 years later, we will all be ah pehs squinting at the same photos, hopefully with our lao tai pos by our sides.hahaha

In the meantime, let's enjoy growing up. (^-^)

No comments: