Utada Hikaru - Wait and See

Monday, October 08, 2007

Fine Autumn Day (晴天)





Went to Shinjuku and Roppongi on Sunday. I am glad I did, because this week has been kind of hectic. School started on Children's Day, and other than attending classes, I am doing this TA (Teaching Assistant) thing for my professor. Teaching year 3s about fiber-optic communication systems through experiments. It is more tiring than my own research experiment!?!?


So, I had lunch with my Singaporean and Taiwanese friend, and there was this Filipino lady at the adjacent table who overheard our conversation which was obviously not in Japanese. She introduced herself to us, and in no time at all, my Singaporean friend was chatting with her like old friends. Apparently they belonged to the same church or something.

How small this world is.
After saying goodbye to my friends, I got back my precious camera from Bic Camera ( they just finished repairing it), and immediately put it to good use, taking random shots. Don't know if there was an aviation show in Shinjuku on Sunday, but the sky was full of birds (probably the big big crows with their dark dark eyes and sharp sharp beaks).
Still, it was too fine a day to be disturbed by cackling crows, so I turned a blind eye (and a deaf ear) and left for Roppongi. I realized that you can see Tokyo Tower clearly from near Roppongi Hills, although the view is probably better at night.
Too bad it is raining today, so here I am blogging.

No comments: